1. Promulgated on No. 1040043099A on 5th August 2015
2.Article 5 were amended and promulgated on No. 1050043642A on 9 December 2016.
3.Promulgated on August 5, 2015，Amended on October 27, 2017
The Standards are stipulated in accordance with the provisions
of the second paragraph of Article 22-4 of the Animal Protection
The terms in the Standards are defined as follows:
1. Content of aflatoxins: the total content of B1, B2, G1 and G2
2. ppb: micrograms per kilogram.
3. ppm: milligrams per kilogram.
The following pathogenic microorganisms shall not be detected in
2. Listeria monocytogenes
3. Pathogenic Escherichia coli
4. Clostridium perfringens
Maximum content of aflatoxins in pet food is 20 ppb.
Maximum content of Heavy metals in pet food:
(1) Feed for pet animals containing aquatic animals, seaweed,
and products derived thereof and/or meal: Maximum content in
mg/kg (ppm) relative to a feed with a moisture content of 12
% is 10 ppm and inorganic arsenic is lower than 2 ppm.
(2) Others: 2 ppm.
2. Cadmium: 2 ppm
3. Lead: 5 ppm
4. Mercury: 0.4 ppm
Maximum content of pesticide residues in pet food:
1. Aldrin and Dieldrin: 0.01 ppm
2. BHC: 0.01 ppm
3. DDT: 0.1 ppm
4. Endrin: 0.01ppm
5. Heptachlor: 0.01 ppm
Maximum content of preservatives and antioxidants in pet food:
1. Total content of ethoxyquin, Butylated hydroxytoluene (BHT)
and Butylated hydroxyanisole (BHA) is 150ppm, and ethoxyquin
shall not be more than 75 ppm.
2. Sodium nitrite: 100 ppm
Maximum content of health-hazard materials in pet food:
1. Melamine: 2.5 ppm
2. Propylene glycol: shall not be detected in cat food.
The total radiation level of Cs134 and Cs137 in pet food shall
not exceed 600 Bq/kg.
The Standards shall come into force on the date of its promulgation.