1.Promulgated on October 30, 1999.
2.Amendment to Article 1 promulgated on March 15, 2002.
3.Amendment to Article 4 promulgated on May 31, 2004.
4.Amendment to all Articles promulgated on February 27, 2008.
The Standards are enacted in accordance with Article 9 of Food Administration Act.
For the collection of public stock, t he paddy shall be produced by farmers in the current period and be circumscribed to Japonica rice and Indica rice, which are named and promoted by the central competent authority.
The terms in the Standards are defined as follows:
1. Test weight: the weight per liter
2. For eign matter: the matter other than the paddy itself
3. Heat damaged kernel: the sound kernel or broken kernel damaged by microbiological heating with
color changes from normal into yellow or dark yellow
4. Sprouted kernel: the sound kernel or broken kernel sprouted, rooted or with the traces of sprouts or roots,
including rotten-germ kernel (the rice of germ discoloration and rotten-germ)
5. Damaged kernel: the sound kernel or broken kernel damaged by humidity, fungus, insect, or other reasons
with obvious defects and deterioration, including fungus and insect damaged kernel(the rice damaged by
isease, insect and fungus), fissure and cracked kernel(the rice of fissure endosperm), abnormal kernel
(the deformed rice) and rusty kernel(the rice of rusty surface), not including heat damaged kernel
6. Off-type kernel: the rice with different shapes
7. Broken kernel: the rice broken. The size of a broken rice kernel shall be at least 1/4 up to 3/4 of the average length
of 30 normal rice kernels
8. Chalky kernel: over 1/2 of the rice kernels with opaque or chalky appearance
9. Immature kernel: the immature and (or) stunted rice kernel and broken kernel
For the collection of public stock, the standards for paddy are as follows:
1. Test weight: Japonica rice weighted up to 530 grams per liter and Indica rice weighted up to 490 grams per liter
2. Moisture: shall not exceed 13%
3. Foreign matter: shall not exceed 0.5%
4. Heat damaged kernel: shall not exceed 0.5%
5. Sprouted kernel: shall not exceed 1%
6. Damaged kernel: shall not exceed 5%
7.Off-type kernel: shall not exceed 5%
8. Broken kernel: Japonica rice shall not exceed 4% and Indica rice shall not exceed 8%
9. Chalky kernel: Japonica rice shall not exceed 7% and Indica rice shall not exceed 5%
10. Immature kernel: shall not exceed 15%
11. Hygiene requirements shall conform to the relevant food hygiene laws of the Republic of China
The standards for inspection in Subparagraph 4 through Subparagraph 10 in the former Article shall be evaluated by the brown rice that has been ground.
For specific variety groups that are named and promoted by the central competent authority, the quantity of the chalky kernels shall be standardized by other applicable quality control laws enacted by the central competent authority when it does not conform to Subparagraph 9 in paragraph 1 of the former Article.
Hee Standards shall take effect on the date of promulgation.