These regulations have been drawn up in accordance with sub-paragraph 3 of Article 10,
on the Food Administration Act (hereinafter "this Act").
A food dealer and/or its affiliate must register with the competent authority, and shall not be allowed to operate
until a certificate
of registration of food dealership (hereinafter referred to as the Certificate of Registration) is obtained.
The above-mentioned registration and other matters may be handled by the competent authority at the location of the food
dealer and/or its affiliate.
Business of a food dealership shall include the following:
1. Sales: Retail and wholesale.
4. Milling: dehulling, rice milling, rice flour grinding, flour grinding.
5. Exportation and importation.
A food dealer and/or its affiliate shall submit the following documents and pay license fees in its application
for registration to
the local competent authority:
1. One Application form.
2. Photocopy of the Profit-seeking Enterprise Registration Certificate.
3. One set of relevant documents:
(1) Proprietorship: Photocopy of the Identity Card of the responsible representative.
(2) Partnership: Photocopies of the Identity Cards of partners, and either the original or a photocopy of the Partnership
(3) Corporation: Photocopy of Certificate of Company Registration and the Identity Card of its responsible representative.
(4) Cooperative or Farmers Association: Photocopy of the certificate or approval of business establishment issued by
competent authority and photocopy of the Identity Card of the responsible representative.
(5) Processors: Photocopy of the certificate of the factory registration.
(6) Warehouse operators: Photocopy of the Building Use Permit.
(7) Exporters and importers: Certificate of the Exporter/Importer Registration.
Applications pursuant to Article 4 may be submitted by a food dealers trade association or related group located
in the same
area as the applicant.
Food dealers operating in the same category of business shall not be entitled to use an identical or similar
name in the same
municipality or county (city).
The Certificate of Registration shall be valid for a term of ten years. A dealer wishing to continue business
shall submit the original Certificate of Registration and apply for re-issuance three months prior to expiration.
A food dealer shall start business operation at the registered premises within six months after a Certificate
of Registration is
obtained, and shall display the Certificate of Registration in a conspicuous place at the registered premises.
In case of amendment to line of business, or loss or damage to the Certificate of Registration, the food dealer
and/or its affiliate
shall submit relevant documents and apply with the local food competent authority for an amendment of the Certificate of
Registration or re-issuance of the Certificate of Registration within fifteen days, and shall pay the license fee.
1. After terminating operation, the food dealer and/or its affiliate shall declare the termination of business
operation and submit
the Certificate of Registration for annulment to the local food competent authority, within fifteen days.
2. If the declaration of interruption is not within fifteen days, the local food competent authority have the rights to make the
Certificate of Registration void through public notice.
A registered food dealer and/or its affiliate shall be required to join a related local food dealer association
within one month after
starting business operation.
A food dealer has confirmed their products sold at markets suspect danger to the safety and
health of consumers and decides to recall or stop selling such foods, a list of recalled products, location and date of such recall and the volume of recalled products should be submitted with the test report to the competent authority for the notification
once the procedures for a product recalled or stop selling is started.
The format of Application form, registration form and registration fees for the Certificate of Registration specified
be prepared by the competent authority.
Revenues and expenditures concerning registration fees for the Certificate of Registration shall be processed in accordance with
These regulations shall be in force beginning from the day of announcement.